This tutorial will teach you how to download apps, games, widgets, etc… from Android Market (now Google Play) directly to your PC as an .apk file.
Android application package file (or APK) is the file format used to distribute and install application software and middleware onto Google’s Android operating system. This was the file installing on your Android phone(s) and/or tablet(s).
The downloader , APK Downloader is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to download Android APK files from Android Market to your PC.
So, let’s start the tutorial.
The extension requires Google Chrome 18 or up in order to function! Firefox, IE, and/or Opera is not supported. It only downloading free apps.
• Google Chrome 18 and up
• Android Device ID
• APK Downloader
I. Disable SSL Error Warnings (When you don’t do this first step, the extension will never work.)
1. Right click to Google Chrome icon. Click “Properties“.
2. Switch on the Shortcut tab. In “Target” field, insert the words below:
This must be look like: “C:\Users\Name of The PC Owner\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –ignore-certificate-errors –allow-running-insecure-content
3. Close Google Chrome and open it again with the shortcut.
II. Download and open APK Downloader
1. Click this link and download. (Currently Ver. 1.3.4)
2. Extract the files. Compile it to one folder.
3. Click the wrench icon on your Google Chrome browser. Click “Tools” > “Extensions“.
4. You will now redirect to “chrome://chrome/extensions/“. Click “Options” on the APK Downloader field.
5. You will now redirect to the “Options” page of APK Downloader. Put your e-mail that being used in the Android Market, your password, and your device ID(See II.1). Click “Log In“. On the “Sim Operator” field, choose your country and your sim you are using. Click “Save Settings“.
II.1 Putting your E-Mail and your Device ID
Easy way: Install Device ID on your phone and/or tablet.
Difficult way: Open dial pad, call *#*#8255#*#* ( 8255 = TALK ). If it opens “GTalk Service Monitor”, find lines that begin with JID and Device ID. Your e-mail is JID.
III. Start using APK Downloader
1. Enjoy the APK Downloader now.
To those who have Android phones and/or tablets who doesn’t have any access on Google Play, you can download at www.1mobile.com.
Credits: xda-developers, codekiem.com
If you have any questions, please take a moment to comment. Thank you.